Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mar 31, 2011

This time I actually got to the bus early and got some breakfast from Jazzman's for the ride. It seemed like most of Westby was on the bus. It was pretty quick trip; we hit some traffic and stopped at a rest stop for some reason, but we got to New York in good time.

We went to Grand Central to meet Susan and found out we had a break before anything was going on because we pushed back our meeting time.

Alex and I met up with Nathan, who just happened to be walking down the same block in Midtown.

We went to Maoz for delicious falafel and hung out in the window acting like mannequins to promote the place. We didn't have a lot of time to hang out so we had to eat quickly and then run off.

We went to Piscatello Design for a "tour" of the office. It was really just one big room with a few desks. It was really cool though. They had some really amazing pieces that they have designed. They have a signature look and they get some high end clients that ask for them. Rosco told us some stories about being in the business and designing things. He's hilarious and really good at what he does. I'd love to work there.

After the inspirational talk, Alex and I separated from the group once more and went to Whole Foods and then to Jamba Juice so I could have a delicious smoothie while she made peppery lemonade with her fresh ingredients.

We walked around Chelsea to a few paper and art supply stores looking for portfolios and to a camera shop where I almost got a lens. I might go back for it if I can't find a better deal somewhere.

We went to the Whole Foods at Union Square and got some food for the ride home and then headed up Broadway to catch our bus. It seemed like a long trip home for some reason. Maybe because everyone was sleeping.

Unfortunately we got back too late to catch Max's opening, but everything looked great. It's nice to have a jewelry show there; I don't think I've ever seen an all-jewelry show. He does really good work.

I went over to Rowan After Hours to get my free haircut for "guy's night." I had to wait a while, but I got to watch Heather get a mohawk as well. I'm not thrilled with how this guy cut my hair. He did a pretty half-ass job, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I came home after my cut and got to bed somewhat early. I was quite tired from walking around all day.

No comments: