Friday, March 18, 2011

Mar 18, 2011

I came up to the park for my daily game of tennis with Christy. We got a few games in when Laura and Jess got there. They took the opportunity to photograph us playing and then we hung out trying to figure out what to do.

We went to Papa Luigi again to get some lunch while we were waiting for some others to get ready to come out and meet us.

We met Brian and Joe at another park and started throwing the frisbee around. I had to get used to the ultimate disc now since I hadn't handled one since last summer. The wind was blowing pretty hard too at times.

Once everyone was there we got a big circle and threw around. It didn't take me long to get the hang of throwing again. I really wanted to play a game, but we had too few people.

We had to move fields when a soccer team showed up to practice and then we started taking photos of each other catching and throwing. We got some really good air shots and the girls and Brian started doing handstands and such.

The weather was gorgeous and I'm ready for summer so we can do this all the time. We just hung out on the benches for a while talking and taking more photos.

I came back to Westby to get ready for a shoot. Davonne showed up shortly after and we got into it. She brought some band tees and guitars to shoot with. We've been trying to do this for quite a while so it was nice to finally do it.

I took a variety of shots, using the guitars and an amp that I brought to sit on. I got a lot of tightly cropped face shots as well. She had a good amount of clothing to change so we could try different things with accessories. We had a good shoot and then I showed her my gallery before she took off.

Then it was work time again. I went around the building shooting the empty studios to use at the end of each section for the Gallery publication. Some of the shots were really cool while others were just challenging and I'm still trying to figure out.

I had to take down my show so the next person could put their pieces up over the weekend. I took down the photos and took all the hangers from the wall. The tape all fit inside one trash bag, even though the shrapnel from the cassettes was tearing holes in it. It didn't take long to get everything down.

It was pretty late but the party was still going on at Alex's when I got over there. I joined in for a game of flip cup that ended pretty quickly and that was the end of that. There weren't a whole lot of people left there.

I played at least one game of beer pong and Alex helped empty the last of the punch into her cups. The remaining people slowly left and we called it a party.

It was a long and fun day of exhausting activities. I like to stay busy though.

No comments: