Monday, March 7, 2011

Mar 7, 2011

The morning was the bake sale in the Student Center. This was our big spread. We really didn't have much. These cupcakes and the cookies I bought at Wal*Mart in the morning.

It really kinda looks like we're just sitting there about to eat the stuff and not trying to sell it. That's why we gave up on it and took the goods back to Westby to sell. It went over much better there.

After doing some work on my photos that were still printing out, I met Christy and went to get free lunch from the commuter club. They invite anyone to come out and eat their food so I obliged. I am a commuter, after all.

Much of the rest of the day was spent carefully cutting margins on my photos to work with my new plan to leave small margins on all of the photos and let them overhang the masonite I'm mounting them on. It was a pain cutting large paper on this cutter.

I did manage to put up my shadow sculpture and I really like the way it looks. It came out just as I wanted; even better, actually.

We had a Gallery meeting to go over our progress and the usual and then the rest of the night was spent mounting all of my photos with Alex. There was much spraying of adhesive and rolling of the pin. It took a long time.

After all of the photos were mounted on board I had to glue the wooden hangers onto the backs of them all so I could put them on the wall. That was also time-consuming and fun.

I was there forever and I was extremely tired when I got home. If I didn't hate glass so much I would just get frames for them all.

No comments: