Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mar 23, 2011

When I went up to school I had to do a bunch of stuff all at once. Leighanne asked me to help group in Sculpture film something. They were melting a pile of gummy bears. They're going to speed up the video. Not sure of the concept. It was cool though.

We acquired our final jewelry piece to shoot for the publication and spent some time in the little studio shooting it. We got a couple of other things done and then gathered in the computer lab before it was time to go.

Me, Alex, Jackie and Steph headed up to Starland Ballroom in the rain for the show. We watched The Summer Set. I was not a fan and I went to the bar area with Alex while Hey Monday played and we watched on the screen.

The beer tasted like salt water to me. I think there is some residual sickness in me. It wasn't very good.

This was Alex's first show ever so she was getting excited for the bands she knew.

We went up front for Yellowcard. They played a great mix of new and old stuff. I wish they had a longer set, but they did a great job with the time they had. They're still the same great band and it will be nice to see them headline next time.

All Time Low played last to a jumping crowd of energetic kids. They played a nice, fast-paced set of songs that I mostly knew. I only know the one album mainly, but I knew most of what they played. Even the stuff I didn't know was enjoyable though.

Alex enjoyed her first show, though she's not sure about going up front again. It's not for everyone. It was a good time for me.

No comments: