Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mar 29, 2011

I came to class late and joined in the fun in the dark room. I didn't miss much it seemed, but I was there in time to start printing from the negatives to refresh myself in printing. It seemed that I remembered a lot more than I gave myself credit for. I made a nice print with relative ease.

I spent some time during the next class shooting people working in the studios, including the photo lab where people were seeing their 35mm film developed for the first time, which explains their expressions. I got a lot of the shots we needed during that period.

I went downstairs for the artist talk by Beverly Semmes. She showed a lot of her work on a slide show and explained her process. It was all interesting, including the woman in the front row who thought the talk was about feminism and rudely interrupted the whole thing to ask why she wasn't talking about it and then walked out.

After the talk, we got some very good finger foods and were able to view the gallery with the actors in their positions. The room was filled with fabric and two large dresses hung above a table where two women sat silently putting together a puzzle. Her concepts and visuals are really intriguing.

I worked on some Gallery things with Alex, giving her the photos I shot earlier and figuring out what else we had left to do. Christy stopped in after her class was finished and we watched some of the Mighty Boosh. That show is hilarious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks Don, I especially love the comment about the food ;-)