Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mar 19, 2011

Breakfast. We decided to go to Moe's for our first meal. I got a burrito because I didn't know they had fish tacos for lent. I'm gonna have to try those before they go away. I could barely eat half of what I got but I had more for later. We were an attractive collection of people there at noon.

We went over to Heritage Winery after eating to sample some wines. Cait knows the people that own the place so I think they hooked us up a little bit. I tried a good chardonnay and a red that was also really good.

We wandered out into the vineyards with wine glasses because that's just what we do. It was a nice day to walk around.

I got to play with the farm animals. They were very friendly, but I think they thought I had food. We spent some time talking to Randy as he was pruning the grape vines and he taught us about the art of training the plants. I bought a bottle of Cabernet Franc before we left.

I went home for the day and re-emerged into the world when I remembered that it was the night of the "supermoon." The moon is the closest it gets to Earth during its revolution and it's a full moon. It hasn't happened in eighteen years so it's somewhat rare.

The moon did look amazing rising over the lake, but I think they built it up too much. Still got some nice shots. I went to hang out with Leah for a while later. I listened to Evan play the ukelele for a while and then we watched How I Met Your Mother and The Walking Dead, which is actually quite a good show. I was starting to feel pretty sick so I probably wasn't great company.

2 comments:

Nathan Terry said...

The goat's name is Randy?

D.M. said...

I should have asked. How rude of me.