Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mar 8, 2011

I went to the jewelery studio early and shot the pieces we needed in the little studio that Jill has set up. I really like it. It's so simple but the results are awesome. I want one.

I went over to the Student Center next to man the table for day two of the bake sale. Our selection was a little more respectable today. Despite all that, we still decided we would have better luck in our own building and we packed it in after a couple of hours.

I spent the day in the gallery trying to hang all of my photos evenly. It wasn't easy since the hangers weren't all level on the backs of my pieces. It got frustrating at times and I even put the drill into my thumb at one point.

After some trial and error, I got one hung level and planned to base the rest off of that. It turned out to be a bad idea and I had to hang the centerpiece and base the rest from that. It makes sense but I did not consider that before.

I took some breaks throughout my day of work in the gallery to shoot people working in the studios for the publication. There were a lot of people hard at work so it was productive.

I also shot the Rowan Gallery for Mary so she could have a record of how it was set up. I thought it would be much more difficult with the direct sun coming in the windows, but it turned out alright and I got it done quickly.

I spent the next many hours drilling, leveling, hanging, re-hanging, yelling and cursing in the gallery until everything was finally hung up!

Once the photos were up it was time to install the rest of the sculpture pieces. Lindsey was happy to help me unwind the tape from a bunch of VHS cassettes. It actually didn't take too many to make this large pile of tape. I would like fill an entire room with it sometime.

Once everything was complete, I gave Joanna a tour of the show because she wouldn't be able to make it to the actual opening.

It was good to come home after such a long day of problems, but it's nice to know that the show is up and I don't have to worry about it now.

No comments: