Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mar 10, 2011

I went to History of Photo, where we discussed presentations and our online midterm (a midterm I would inevitably forget to do...) We spent some time on information about photographers after all of that.

I spent the next couple of hours trying to figure out and then adjusting the track lighting in the gallery. I wanted the lighting to look nice. It was a pain to move them all. Actually, the ladder was even more of a problem to move because it was taller than the ducts in the room. Eventually all of the lighting was set up and it looked really good.

Christy had been helping me with the lighting and we both decided we should have a lunch break. We went to Saladworks. Of course. I got a delicious soup on a rainy, rainy day. We went over to Shop Rite after eating to get supplies for the evening. I got a bunch of soda that I don't drink, chips and cookies.

I brought all the stuff back and set it out on the food table and before I knew it, it was almost time for the show to start.

People started showing up and eating foods and looking at work. A lot of people came and everyone seemed to really enjoy the whole show.

Even Shannon came into the art department and spent some time just for my show!

Mark did a dramatic reading of some of my notes. Jeff looks amused.

Josh did an interview with me after the show about the meaning of the pieces and what else I'd be working on. I think it went well.



You can watch it here.

We all hung out after the show for a while and then went to get pizza at Ciconte's because I hadn't eaten enough earlier.

I was very happy with my reception. It went better than I had hoped and only a few people weren't there that I wish had been. Most everyone got to see it though so that's all that matters.

No comments: