Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dec 7, 2013


I left before dawn heading to Delaware. It was a decent drive in the dark listening to Nick Offerman talk to me. I got to the rest stop early and the others from Legacy were running late so I went inside and actually bought myself an EZ Pass! It's about time, but this is the first opportunity I've had in Delaware. Dave, Derrick, Caitlyn, and Katie arrived shortly after to pick me up. I squeezed in the back with the girls and we went to the arena in Baltimore where Strayer's graduation was being held.


We set up our cameras and backdrops and then started shooting PR photos of the dignitaries and students before they came in. Once the place filled up and the faculty filled the stage the event got started. It was the same as the last Strayer grad I shot, down to the stupid speech the president gave listing things that are not as old as the university. Quite enthralling.


I shot the handshake/diploma presentation this time. It was much harder and fast-paced than the easy single shot in front of the banner. I had a hard time framing some of the photos as the people walked by quickly. I definitely messed up a few of the shots. My arm was hurting halfway through, but it seemed to stop pretty soon after and I just got used to it.


After we finished and quickly packed up our stuff we were back on the road. We went into the rest stop where I left my car and Dave bought us all lunch. I got an awesome salad with mandarin oranges and walnuts with raspberry vinaigrette. So good. I had a great time working with these guys today so I hope I get to work more grads with them.


I came home and was lazy for a while instead of going to the gym or being productive. Ryan came over and we met Chuck, Alex, and Kate at Matt's for games. We played Taboo first, which was a lot of fun and ridiculous. We played a bunch of Scattergories next, which is a game I'd really like to play more often. We hung out for a while longer after Chuck and Alex left, playing some Scene It, then Ryan and I went for a walk around that neighborhood in the cold night before heading home.

No comments: