Monday, December 2, 2013

Dec 2, 2013


I worked for Ryan today while he was at Lakeside rehearsing for his first concert with the 4th and 5th graders. I played the songs for the younger kids that they would be singing that night for one last practice then watched Backyardigans. The older kids played a game Ryan told me about called "Mean Teacher" where I make a statement about music that is true or false and the teams get points based on how many people raise their hand to say it's true or not. Yeah.

After work I came home and napped a bit before going to Lakeside for the concert. Ryan had me video it on his iPad, which was not as awkward as I'd imagined it was going to be. The concert went really well, even with only 6 kindergarteners showing up. They managed to sing better and louder than the entire first and second grade, who were very quiet and unsure of their singing. The older group of chorus kids did a great job singing their songs. I think it was a great success for his first concert.


I went to the gym next and did a few exercises between jumping rope. I definitely worked up a sweat keeping myself moving between sets. I hopped on the treadmill and did a mile at 13% incline and decided I was happy with my gym time. I met Ryan at Starbucks for a latte that I took with us on a walk around my neighborhood. It seemed like we had a lot to talk about tonight so it was a good call for a walk.

No comments: