Sunday, December 29, 2013

Dec 29, 2013


I went to the gym with Ryan in the morning. No better way to celebrate a 30th birthday than to workout with my best friend. Really. After the gym we went to Kate's to play Pandemic. We played a few games with varying degrees of success saving the world. I think I liked it better with just the two of us. Maybe it was the day.


Kate and I picked up Chuck and headed to the American Sardine Bar to get dinner and beers. I had Anchor's Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2013 and Deschutes' Black Butte Porter. Both very good. We had some delicious food and left with a growler of a white beer on nitro to drink when we got to the parking lot at Starland.


After sitting in the lot for a while drinking and listening to music we came inside to see a nice crowd including Winnie the Pooh! I haven't seen this guy in years! He used to come to all the pop punk and ska shows up in north Jersey at Birch Hill and Starland. It was nice nostalgia seeing him.


The Starting Line played great, but their set seemed a little short. Everything was a lot of fun though. They didn't break out any songs that were really unexpected, but they left out a few that I did expect.


Regardless, it was an awesome time. I know I've seen them at least twice before on my birthday so it's a nice tradition and a cool way to enter my thirties. I think. 



No comments: