Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dec 22, 2013


I spent the morning working on some photos I needed to edit, then I met Ryan at the gym for a leg workout. We did squats and some other exercises then walked on the treadmills at an incline for ten minutes or so. I picked up Brenda and we went over to the Silver Run trail for a nice long walk in the rain with her dog. It wasn't raining that hard, but it was enough to get wet. That was a lot of fun. After getting a shower, I picked her up again and we went to see The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. It was really good, but now I want to watch the original Lord of the Rings trilogy.


After the movie I came home for a short time to eat and then headed up to the First Unitarian Church to see Saves the Day acoustic. Even though the two guitarists were playing acoustically, it was still very much a rock show. They put the same energy into this set as they do any other, playing all of the songs we wanted to hear, including some that were unexpected. 


After a wedding proposal, they played "Nightingale" to the newly engaged couple and then a crowd request set. It's so great that they do that. After a whole bunch of songs the band left the stage again, but Chris came back to sing one last song with just his guitar and no mic, so it was a giant singalong and a perfect way to end the night. 

No comments: