Monday, December 16, 2013

Dec 16, 2013


I ended up getting up and ready very early to go work at Vineland High School. I don't have a good idea of exactly how long it takes to get there yet. I went in for Child Study Team meetings and got my schedule then proceeded to sit in the teacher's lounge watching Burn Notice on the school WiFi that my new sub friend gave me the password for. She was very chatty but nice. I ended up only covering two classes the whole day and I was out an hour or so early. Pretty sweet deal.


I came home to eat and relax for a short while before leaving for West Chester's graduate studies graduation. I got there a little late, but I still managed to be the second person of the four of us to show up. No big surprise I guess, but I like being on time. We did our setup, but we added a spot for shooting because Masters program graduates get hooded. I got to shoot the hooding since it was something I hadn't done yet.


It was not hard really, but the timing had to be precise, and some people were not cooperative. One of the dignitaries would always whisper something congratulatory into the grad's ear and they would end up looking to the left in all the photos. Another dignitary always took a huge step to the left when he put their hood on so he was always out of frame. Those things were just annoying.


Once we finished, cleaned up, and said goobye I was off to a coffee shop downtown near the Iron Hill we ate at yesterday. I met Jess, who was walking down the street with a slew of Santas behind her. I asked the barista for a suggestion and she mentioned some caramel thing that sounded fantastic so I went with that. She made a good choice. We sat in there enjoying our beverages while we talked about travel plans and working for Cirque again sometime.


After the somewhat long drive home I went to Johanna's to finally watch Live Free or Die Hard. I wanted to wait to watch it for her, but she was renovating her space and that took a long time. We watched and had a few beers. We did more talking than watching, but the movie itself seemed hard to follow anyway. I guess I'll need to watch it again while I'm paying attention, but I think it wasn't that good. It was fun hanging out with her again though and now we need to plan to watch the other ones in the series again.


No comments: