Friday, December 27, 2013

Dec 27, 2013


I got up a little later than expected, but I got ready and headed up to Ringing Rocks County Park north of Philly. It was a long ride up, but I listened to some good podcasts and got there at the same time as Joanna so that worked out well. It was a quick walk to the main attraction. There is a boulder field with rocks that apparently ring out when you strike them with a hammer.


We tested that out and it appears to be true, but not quite as pronounced as I expected. It was still a cool sight with the light snow covering the rocks. She tested out a lot of the rocks while I watched on. Once the novelty wore off, we headed down the path where a waterfall was supposedly hiding.


We got to the waterfall where there was still some water streaming through the ice and it looked awesome. I had to carefully climb down over the icy rocks to get a good view from below and I was happy I did. It was an amazing thing to stand and watch. A beautiful winter scene.


We went over to Nockamixon DGC next. We had played here before a couple years ago and I had a pretty good memory of it. The course is challenging, but playable. It doesn't feel like you have to drive more than once, which is a complaint I have on some longer courses. This one is nicely laid out and rocky at parts.


It weaves in and out of the woods, up and down hills, and over a few water hazards. We both played pretty well considering the cold and difficulty of the course. I had quite a few drives I wasn't at all happy with, but I felt like it had to do with the weather and my hands being dry so the disc slipped. I made up for it with some really good ones at the end.


We went over to Tinicum Park next, which we had also played before. The taller grass had been cut so the field shots were just wide open now. Not too interesting. Hole 7, which is a tree-lined straight shot, is one that I had remembered doing really well on last time. I did not do so well on it this time. I was about done with disc golf for the day by this point so we quit after hole 9.


I came home and got my equipment ready for the wedding tomorrow and then just chilled out for the evening. I continued watching White Collar, which I started last night and have really been enjoying. Gotta love Netflix.

No comments: