Saturday, December 28, 2013

Dec 28, 2013


I had a wedding shoot less than a mile from my house in the morning. It was a nice change to not have to account for the two hour drive to get where I was going. I met the bride and groom for the first time at the church, and they had me wait until they were ready which was about ten minutes before the ceremony started. It was an easy pre-wedding shoot.


The ceremony was nice and pretty short. I couldn't go directly up front to shoot, but I got most of what I needed from the back and sides anyway. We did some awkward group shots in the front of the church before we left.


The reception was at the American Legion two blocks away. Also nice. There were video games set up to play and SNES cartridges on each table as part of the centerpiece. It was pretty sweet. The DJ wasn't sure what was going on and I became the conduit between the mother in charge and him. At least that gave me something to do. It was a pretty boring and forced reception.


No one danced. Pretty much at all. The video game area was well-used at least. I was pretty bored for most of the night and there wasn't much I could do. It was easy and should make for an easy edit, but damn. I could have danced.


I was already dressed for it so I met Gaby at Italian Affair in Glassboro once I was done with the reception. I knew what I was getting before I looked at the menu, so I just practiced my Italian, which is really bad. I ordered the Gnocchi formaggi di Spinaci. I think that's close at least. It was as delicious as I remember it being.


At some point while discussing dessert and my inability to eat anymore there came a piece of cake with a candle in it and I joked that they knew it was my birthday. Until they put it on the table I really had no idea or expectation that it was really for me. I guess when I went to the restroom Gaby had told them. It was a nice surprise.


We wanted to do something after dinner so we went to Pitman and had a walk down the storefronts and beyond. After walking around some of the houses with lights we sat in the park near the miniature recreation of Pitman in lights for a while. There were kids being weird, but otherwise it was a really nice night.

No comments: