Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec 15, 2013


The drive to West Chester was nice since there is very little traffic early on a Sunday. I listened to a few episodes of The Moth podcast and I was there before I knew it. And before anyone else. Once the others got there we set up our flag backdrops, got our cameras together and I started shooting PR. That just means I go around shooting everyone I can for bonus photos until the ceremony begins and then I have to shoot everyone who walks up to the podium and award things. It wasn't too bad, but the commencement speaker went on for way too long. At least he was funny.


We hid our stuff away quickly and headed to Iron Hill Brewery for lunch. They happened to have a sour called Funkadelphia on tap so I immediately decided to get that. I was not disappointed. It is a fantastic beer, and it made me wish I could find sours more often. We got an appetizer and I got this awesome quinoa salad. It was a rejuvenating lunch to set me up for the rest of the job.


The next grad was definitely easier since I didn't have to do PR. I sat in back waiting until the graduates walked to do their posed flag pictures and then I was done. Nice and easy. On my way home I stopped to drop off DVDs from the Thanksgiving dinner I filmed. It was well-received and they plan to use me for future jobs so all good! I came home and couldn't decide for a while if I wanted to nap. When Ryan asked about going for a walk I had my answer. He brought Anya over and we walked around my neighborhood. It was a chilly but nice night, and that woke me up just enough to keep me up longer than I wanted to be.

No comments: