Thursday, April 7, 2011

Apr 7, 2011

I actually got to History of Photo on time because Alexis and I had our presentation to do. Unfortunately, we did not do it until the very end of class. We presented on tableaux photography and it went really well, almost like we practiced it (we didn't.)

In photo class, we went over some methods of liquid emulsion to print on any surface. I got a piece of my steel from downstairs and a piece of wood and pre-coated them as the first step toward printing on them. I still need to shoot some film.

During Photo II we went into the studio and I did the copy edits for the finished versions of the Gallery books. I found a few mistakes, but they're fixed and it should be well on its way to complete now. It looks really good; I'm excited.

We left class a little early and I went over to Rita's Water Ice with Alex for our "celebrity scoop" shift to raise money for the Gallery. We learned the ropes quickly, and we could only scoop the water ice, not use the ice cream machine or anything crazy like that.

It was a lot of fun in there and a bunch of our friends came by to see us and donate some money. We also got free water ice (the chocolate peanut butter is delicious!) and coupons for more in the future! Alex was so good at it they offered her a job. We raised a good amount of money after spending three hours there.

Once Alex and Cait were ready we headed to Manayunk and found The Grape Room, where Nathan was waiting with his band to play a show.

We all had a few drinks and talked. The place was small, but it was a nice bar. If only it weren't so far from home.

The band before Nate's band was called Victoria Spaeth and the Spaeth Cadets. They were pretty good, but I mostly just liked their name. We conversed during their set and had a few more drinks. HopDevil is good stuff.

Between bands I went out to the cobblestone streets under the underpass to take some photos. It was a really cool little spot. I walked along the road a while and through Pretzel Park, which features a large metal pretzel sculpture.

I got back inside just in time to eat some waffle fries that Alex didn't want and see the band start playing. They were really good. You should check them out. They have an indie-ish rock feel and the songwriting is great.

My favorite song was mostly piano and singing until the end when the band came in loud. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see them again. We hung out at the bar for a while after the set talking to the guys and people from other bands. After figuring out some ride situations it was time to go.

We came back to Alex's house and there wasn't much going on before it was time to get to sleep. I was ready to pass out.

No comments: