Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Apr 5, 2011

I slept in and didn't go to History of Photo, and I got to my second class a little late. I wanted to shoot some of the slide film I had so I went outside looking for bright colors, finding a bunch of nice flowers just outside the building. I hope the shots come out nice on the film.

We worked in the darkroom a bit making prints. I made a good print on my first try so I guess I can still do it. I miss the darkroom sometimes. Watching photos bloom in the developer is great.

With some down time I went to shoot the models in the gallery as they entered the exhibition space. It was pretty unspectacular, and didn't really make for good photos, but I tried.

We went into the studio for Photo II and I watched people shoot their models and mess with the lighting. I shot some pictures of them myself and then went off to do my own thing.

I had Kim come help me shoot some photos of me using the plasma cutter to put in the three-dimensional section of the publication. I want to use that some more and make a bunch of silhouettes of people from steel.

We had a meeting to review all of the things that needed to get done before our deadline and I had to shoot a few more photos of people working to fill out our pages.

I headed over to the Student Center for The Vagina Monologues. I shot the dressing room and a few other things before it started and then the performance began. I had never seen it before, but it was really awesome. There were some hilarious stories.

Leah's performance was great. She did an awesome southern accent and she was really funny. I was impressed. The whole show was a success and a lot of fun.

I went back to Westby to go through the photos and hang with Alex until it was ticketing time and I had to go home. Good day.

No comments: