Thursday, April 14, 2011

Apr 14, 2011

I didn't get up as early as I wanted to but once I did I headed to The Navy Yard in South Philly. I have somehow never been there, but the gate makes it seem like a restricted area when it really isn't. The area itself was actually really interesting and I'd like to go back to shoot photos. It's a little town that used to be a Naval base I guess. It's picturesque.

I was there to shoot photos of my sculpture professor Tom's book sculpture. It's in one of the Urban Outfitters headquarters buildings. The sculpture was great; I love his idea. I want to see some of his other ones, but they're only ever up temporarily.

When I got back I went to Westby, but was not feeling going to class. I checked out the proofs for the publication and checked them for errors. We found a few, but they look really good anyway. Christy and I went to get some (greasy) pizza for lunch. I actually got a spinach and cheese pocket thing. Many calories I'm sure.

I went to Photo II for a little while, but we weren't really doing anything that I could participate in since people were using the studio. We went to the rec center to play some ping pong and get a smoothie.

I wanted to enjoy the great weather so I spent some time reading outside and then played frisbee with Joanna in front of Bunce for a while. I want to play ultimate again. Now.

I climbed this tree and hung out up there. I wish I knew about it long ago because I probably would have sat up there often reading. It's a nice spot.

I went to Taco Bell with Christy and then went to Rita's to eat it and get a water ice. By that point it had gotten chilly out and I mildly regretted the cold treat.. but not that much because it was a wonderful blend of peanut butter chocolate ice and twist ice cream.

I went back to Westby for a couple of hours, sitting in the lab with Alex and Cait before going to watch 30 Rock with Cait. We made some nachos with several cheeses and lime Tostitos. So good.

It was a fun and busy day. I got things done and had a good time playing. More, please!

No comments: