Saturday, April 16, 2011

Apr 16, 2011

It wasn't exactly what we planned for, but Jeff and I went out to the course in the early afternoon and played ten holes before the weather started getting a little unfriendly. We did pretty well though. It started raining just as we were walking back to the car.

I went home to grab lunch and then we drove out to my mom's to have band practice with Chuck and Zack. We went through most of the songs and they all sound quite good. We still need a little work, but if we can practice weekly I think we'll be set pretty soon.

The rain got really hard later in the day and the drive up to Glassboro was slow but really enjoyable. It was raining in heavy sheets that tore across the highway as large drops illuminated in my headlights like giant fireflies.

I picked up Alex and Cait and found a great parking spot when we got to Philly. The rain had stopped and the weather was amazing. We walked down the center of the street to The Bishop's Collar.

We met Nathan there and got a few beers while we looked at the menu. Alex tried the cider she's been looking forward to all week. It was pretty good. It went fast.

There were a good deal of tasty beers on tap. I got the WTF and some brown ale I can't remember the name of right now. For the most part, I was really happy with their beer selection.

I got The Quesadilla and it was amazing of course. Cait got a plate of nachos that took up a third of the table with a giant pile of guacamole on it. We had a good time talking and drinking for a few hours. I would really like to go back there another night. It's not quite the Abbaye, but it'll do.

We sat around talking for a while when we got back before it was time to retire for the night. I had brought beer for later, but I was too tired when we got back to even have one.

No comments: