Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Apr 20, 2011

I worked at Lakeside covering Child Study Team meetings throughout the day. It was an easy day as usual when I do those. I only really had to interact with one class and the rest of the time I was just assisting another teacher or reading while I waited for the next meeting. I just about finished my book and I got out early.

I went to Rowan and met with Tom and Keith about my final projects then went to Prof's with Alex for a sandwich. While I was there I ran into a guy who knew I shoot photos and wanted me to shoot for his new clothing line. What luck.

When we got back to Westby, Ryan's show was starting in the black room. He had large panoramic photographs from his trip to Alaska. The images were beautiful and, of course, made me want to visit there myself. It looked a lot different than images I had seen before. The panoramas were put together very nicely also. It looked like a fun trip.

I started bringing people down to the box in the sculpture room to shoot them with the current installation of balloons. I think it makes a great backdrop for portraits and I wanted to use it while I could.

I even got Doc to participate, though he warned me that I had better not hang the photos up all over the building or he wouldn't let me graduate. I love that guy.

I brought a bunch of people down to shoot in the room, including a couple of groups that turned out really well. I got in there myself and it was a lot of fun being submerged in balloons. I'm not sure how I'm going to use the photos yet, but I think it could be something really cool.

The weather was amazing and I felt that it was a waste to spend the whole day inside so I went out and read for a while behind Wilson.

Quizzo was canceled because of a Flyers' game so we went to Applebee's in Vineland to play their trivia. What a mistake that was. The DJ was monotone, slow and not funny. The questions were also pretty easy comparatively. The waitstaff was not much better than the disc jockey.

I came home and Joanna suggested we go outside because of the nice weather. It was already late so I decided to just put the tent up and camp in the backyard. It was really warm; it seemed like the temperature didn't drop much at all from the day.

The ground was slightly uncomfortable, but lying down with the night breeze was great.

No comments: