Thursday, April 28, 2011

Apr 28, 2011

The Gallery Publication books are in! Technically we got to see them yesterday, but now we have them all and they look great! It's hard to see the black on black type in this photo, but we're all really happy with the way they look.

We went around Westby passing them out to all the students and faculty. We got mostly all positive feedback from them, but people had a hard time with the flipped section in the middle. We put two sections in each book, both starting from a different side so when you get to the center the images are upside down, signaling you to start over. At least that's what we thought.

Amid the book delivery I went to my last classes before finals week. We had our last History of Photo lecture of the semester before our online final and then I was in and out of Keith's classes. I did some photograms while I had people around but mostly was out in the hall.

I did get to relive the Photo I days by showing Kim how to load a roll of film in the dark and develop it. It takes some practice, but it seems that I still remember how to do all of that.

Later, Joanna and I went to Philly for a club thing and got there early. We hung out in Rittenhouse Square because the weather was great and the people were amusing.

We were greeted at Whisper by girls in Day of the Dead face paint and corsets. They found our names on the list and admitted us with our drink ticket bracelets.

The club itself was pretty nice. Interesting groups of people. They basically let anyone in, explaining how we were there. No one was really dancing at first so I got one of the free drinks, a margarita I believe. It was quite good.

They had a face painting station so we went to that and sat on the couch waiting our turn while I enjoyed my drink and chatted with the guy next to us who was getting a Mike Tyson tattoo painted on his face to mess with his friends. We also debated the ranking order of our favorite comedy movies while Joanna got her paint done.

The finished product was really good, I think. I was happy with mine. They do a good job. It was a little awkward when we went to eat some chips after this without smearing the paint.

They had some weird videos playing and they dimmed the lights so we could watch the dancers in their glowing skeleton suits. They were amusing, but the whole atmosphere was a little strange. After a couple more drinks it was time to go. Though the other drinks sounded good, they were quite disappointing.

The face paint came off pretty easily. After a stop at Westby and a talk with Alex I headed home.

No comments: