Sunday, April 17, 2011

Apr 17, 2011

There was talk of sushi in the morning which soon turned into reality. Nathan and I went to pick up some rolls for all of us. Except Cait, who had cereal instead. Sushi for breakfast is a great thing.

We sat around deliberating what to do with the nice day. We decided against many things and realized we didn't know what we wanted to do. We lost Alex along the way when she decided to go do work and then Cait and I just headed out toward her hometown and went to Ott's for lunch. I ordered a beer that never came and got the cheesiest quesadilla I've ever had. It was good.

We went to Amico Island, where the trails were unfortunately flooded so we couldn't get to the beach. We took off our shoes and tried to walk there anyway, but it wasn't enough. We played some frisbee in a windy clearing for a little while and then gently stepped our way back toward the car.

We went to another area near the Riverton Yacht Club and walked along the beach. The sun was setting and the beach was a nice walk.

We had to cross some tough terrain to get to the end. Actually, our feet would have just gotten wet, but neither of us wanted that. And it's fun crossing logs.

She's really high up. And dancing, apparently.

I was happy to have made it to my chosen destination: the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge. It looked so far away from where we started. It was a bit of a walk, but it was fun getting there so it didn't seem so long. We turned around and walked back, with much less wind after the sun had gone down.

On the drive home the moon looked amazing so we stopped in a field and I shot some photos of it. We went to a Starbucks to see Cait's friend and get a slightly discounted treat.

When we got back I went to Westby to shoot things for Eddie for his portfolio. We went through a few items and then I went back to the lab with Alex.

I had wanted to go hiking today, but I'm quite happy with the alternative. We had a good time and I got some great photos.

No comments: