Saturday, April 23, 2011

Apr 23, 2011

I headed down to the waterfront about a half hour early to the Millville 5K. It was raining but a good temperature for running. I met up with Ryan and Erika a little before the race began and got psyched up for it.

The run took us around the neighborhood, basically the same run I do all the time past my house. We ran along the river trail and back to the park in a big loop. I came in a little over 24 minutes, which I was a little disappointed with but I know there are places I could have picked up my pace.

I grabbed a banana and a water and took a shot of Ryan coming in fast followed by Erika.

We walked around and cooled off a bit in the rain and got a post-race shot. It was a lot of fun; I need to do more races/run more in general again.

I hung around for a while to see the results and found that I was 35th overall and 4th in the male 20-29 age range. Not too bad I suppose. I was only thirty seconds from third though so I could have taken that.

After having a meal and showering I met Johanna at The Oarhouse for some drinks and to catch up. We really don't get together enough. At least we always have a bunch to talk about.

That really doesn't look good now, but I went with my grandmom to Saigon for dinner. I got tofu curry, which they actually made really spicy this time. It was great, as was the jackfruit smoothie I got on the way out.

Lindsey wanted to join me to go to the Bayside show in Philly so I picked her up and got some drinks then headed into the city. We did some tailgating (inside the car) before the show, including a much-needed trip to the diner to use the bathroom and then back to the car.

We went into the Electric Factory to find a very small crowd and watch the majority of Silverstein's set. They were actually really good. I guess I should listen to them.

Bayside came out playing "Already Gone" as I moved up in the still-too-small crowd. They ran through a bunch of great songs. They played older stuff and the new stuff I had been looking forward to hearing since I got the new album. It's so good live!

Anthony played "Don't Call Me Peanut," which is always a great sing-along. The set always goes by so fast when you love every song, but I had an awesome time in the crowd.

I took a shower when we got back and then met at Landmark for Kristin's birthday with Jess and Laura. They got a tower of Coors so I had a little bit. We spent most of our time taking stupid pictures of each other and trying to chug beers that were freezing cold. It didn't really work, but Laura powered through it somehow!

We went into The Spot after the tower and my mozzarella sticks were gone. We danced a bit and held Kristin up while she danced/fell. We stayed in until they turned the lights on bright and told us to go.

We had to walk back to the lot where we parked the cars, which was a mild challenge. We managed to get there without (much) incident though. A pit-stop, bare feet and a piggy back ride later, we were back at the cars and good to go.

It was a long, but fun and eventful day. I was so tired and ready to go to sleep I couldn't keep my eyes open to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's.

No comments: