Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Apr 26, 2011

I spent my time in both photo classes doing test strips and trying to figure out the timing for my pieces now that I had my transparency to print from. It took some time and seemed like it would be a long exposure time.

After a six-minute exposure, I had a finished printed product on steel. I wasn't so happy with the quality as far as the painted-on emulsion goes, but I did print with liquid light on metal so that's pretty cool anyway. I have to refine this process and then hopefully get better results.

I didn't want to waste the whole nice day inside so I went to Washington Lake Park and sat at a bench with my banango smoothie and read a few chapters of Into the Wild. It was nice to be out, but reading that book still makes me want to take off.

I went back to Westby and worked some more on my liquid light and then hung out in the lab a bit before going home, starting to watch Fringe and ending up watching a bunch of episodes until I fell asleep.

No comments: