Saturday, April 2, 2011

Apr 2, 2011

I met up with Ryan at the gym for some circuit exercises. I need to keep track of what we do so I can do it on my own. I have much less motivation/fun doing it alone.

I got a shower and headed up to New Brunswick to Diana's. She took me to a place on the Rutger's campus with a cool little bamboo forest with a trail through it.

It was really cool among the bamboo. I wish it were thicker, but I think they had cut it down recently to let it regrow. It was still a different kind of trail to walk. It reminded me of the place in Hawai'i where we hiked through the jungle.

There was a little stream that I walked out into the middle of on the rocks so I could shoot some pictures. I wish this place was closer to home because I'd be here all the time.

We walked around another part of the area with perfectly aligned trees. It's kind of creepy. The trail continues along a river and another stream that runs down some steeper rocks. It's almost like hiking in some parts.

We stopped by her bar, Kelly's, on the way back and got a couple of beers. It was not how I pictured it; much smaller. I liked it. I also tried a fireball, which is cinnamon vodka. It's amazing. It tastes just like a fireball candy.

We stopped by this little place called Hansel and Griddle (already loved it because of the name..) and got food to bring back. I had a tuna crisp and it was one of the best things I've ever had. We had some more Leinenkugel and watched documentaries. One was about Rumspringa, the Amish tradition of teens going out into the world to decide if they want to join the church. Those kids are crazy. They just go nuts. Apparently a good deal of them come back to be Amish though.

We attempted a couple more docs that were not so good and then watched one about the influx of cocaine into Miami in the eighties. It was pretty interesting, but I was getting tired so after that I called it a night.

No comments: