Sunday, November 1, 2009

Nov 1, 2009

I got up quite early in the morning and tried to edit some photos to use some of my time. After a few hours I went and picked up Ryan to drive about three hours north to Mount Tammany for round two. The weather wasn't great when we left but it got really nice once we got up in the Delaware Water Gap area.

We hiked up the steep path and climbed up the rocks. The first part was the most strenuous and fun part; it just keeps going up and doesnt' level off until you get to the top.

This is the view from the top looking toward Pennsylvania. We didn't spend too much time at the top since we had seen it before and since it didn't take us too long to get there..

On the way down, we stopped at the creek area and Ryan walked across a few logs that I had a mental block on for some reason. At least he got it done.

I got some photos of the really nice waterfall. I want to spend a lot of time sitting here. I could get a lot of reading done in a place like that with the rushing water drowning out all other sounds.

We couldn't stay there forever though, so we enjoyed it for a while and then continued along.

We followed the stream back to the end of the trail and the parking lot. It was a good hike and we were both hungry so we set off to find food. We stopped at an Applebee's on the way home and then continued the long drive back.

Once I dropped Ryan off I picked up a few things at Wal-Mart and went to Joanna's to play Phase 10. I thought it would take a long time to play the full game but it didn't take too long once we figured out how to play. I won a close game though..

Another fun day and night. I want to find some waterfalls that are closer to us so I can just go sit there.

No comments: