Monday, November 9, 2009

Nov 9, 2009

It was another nice day out so I went for a run and then I went to play a game of disc golf. I didn't do enough but at least I was outside. I spent some more time working on some homework before class.

In Photo, we walked around looking at sculptures and art on campus that we can document in place of writing papers for class. I might consider doing it. I went to take my Logic midterm early so I could skip class later. I had to take it in Sean's other class while he was teaching but I don't think I did too bad.

I went back to class and met Joanna so we could head to Philly. We got to World Cafe Live for the Starting Line DVD release party. The live portion of the DVD was playing on the screen before the bands started. We got some sweet potato fries and then The Traded Series played a set. They were pretty good.

In between sets, the documentary portion of the DVD was played. It's well done and makes you feel really bad for the band since they were jerked around so much by their labels.

The Cheap Seats played next. They were a lot of fun, really melodic and poppy.

Person L played last. They were really good and played a good amount of new material.

Kenny came out with Mike Golla from The Starting Line and gave us our "little surprise" by playing an acoustic set of old songs. They played "Something Left to Give," "Somebody's Gonna Miss Us," "Ready," "The Night Life" and "Best of Me."

They played very well and everyone was thrilled to hear some old songs, especially some they don't play often. Kenny hinted that there would probably be a holiday show coming this year so I'm hoping for that!

It was a great night with a good surprise ending that we were hoping for.

No comments: