Saturday, November 7, 2009

Nov 7, 2009

I got up early and drove to Rowan to meet the buses in the cold. I was hoping for coach buses but we ended up with old school buses instead. Oh well, they weren't too bad.

We took the drive up the Turnpike to the Museum of Modern Art and filed off the bus, gathered in the lobby and got our tickets.

There was a lot of really great art there, including this piece that uses typed pages to make a forest of Birch trees. It's a really interesting idea.

There were a lot of large scale print pieces. I don't remember the names, you can ask me if you really want to know.

This was one of my favorite pieces of the whole museum, making a statement on security and marketability. The top of the gate has cute animals on it..

A smiley face lock and a chain of hearts. It was really well done.

This was another of my favorites. The piece was part of a series for a library where each artist was given a punctuation mark. This artist got the apostrophe and worked it into a gun because apostrophes eliminate words. I think it's an awesome representation of that idea.

I found this piece, which was displayed in a window in Philadelphia a year or two ago and I was never able to find out who it was. I was happy to come upon it!

We wandered the rest of the museum and Josh posed in front of this light sculpture. I'm glad he did because I think I'm going to use this shot for my "power" assignment.

After walking all of the museum, we headed uptown to Blossom Cafe for lunch. It's an all vegan restaurant. I got this amazing alfredo with vegetables, Joanna got a Seitan steak sandwich that was great as well. Josh wasn't thrilled with his veggie burger but he liked the fries!

After dinner, we got smoothies to go and headed back to the subway to find our train back. We waited for a while and ended up being the last three back to the bus. It was a bumpy ride home with our bad driver but we made it back to Rowan safely.

I met Katie for some tea at Starbuck's, where we stayed for about an hour. I've been wanting more chai tea lately.

I met Ryan for a walk around Vineland to talk about things. It wasn't too bad because it felt like it was getting warmer as we went along.

Overall, a really fun day in New York. I love field trips!

No comments: