Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nov 8, 2009

Up early on a Sunday and headed to Wissahickon Creek/Forbidden Drive on the other side of Philly for a hike and some photos. We walked the opposite way from where I went last time to do something new.

We climbed down to the stream pretty much as soon as we got there and spent some time taking shots of the stream. We had to get in the middle of it for the good stuff.

These shots didn't make me as happy as my waterfall shots from Mt. Tammany but I still liked a few of them.. like this one.

As we walked along the trail, we encountered a wall of rocks that was perfect for climbing so we went ahead and climbed it. I could only get so far but Joanna had to show me up by making it all the way to the top.

And then looked down on me. Good thing we were working on our "power" assignment..

When we got to the top, we ended up at the Pilgrim Monument, where Ryan and I had climbed to a few years ago from a different side of the rock face.

We enjoyed our view and (her) accomplishment. There really wasn't much of a view unfortunately, all the leaves had already died for the most part.

There were a lot of bikers on the trail so I practiced panning some of them and taking some other pictures on the walk back down the trail that I took last weekend.

This part of the river/creek/whatever looked nice today with the trees in the background as we ended our hike and got back to the car.

Instead of going to the Art Museum as planned, we went to Sedgley Disc Golf Course because it was so nice out. Somehow, on hole 14, where you can't see the basket and I only had an idea of where to shoot...

I aced it! My first one for a very long time. I didn't even see it but Joanna did. I heard the chains but didn't think it was my shot. At least someone saw it!

Joanna was actually really good, ending up with a few birdies and plenty of par shots on the course. It was good competition. After the game, we went to Maoz and got falafel for the road and headed back to Vineland.

Ryan met us at the home course and we played another game, where I practiced some panning again with his shots. We all did pretty well but I ended up with my best game somehow... -5 is my new best! Big disc golf day for me.

Later on, Ryan and I played some tennis under the bright lights until they shut off at 9. We went for a run around Vineland after that to make up for the games we missed out on.

I enjoyed my run but I wanted to do more. Ended up watching tv and not running though...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha this is so awesome! such a fun day =]

-Joanna

D.M. said...

just because you could squeeze into that crevice... I want a rematch!

Joanna said...

i think we just had our rematch, and you lost again. sowwies.

D.M. said...

-_-