Sunday, November 29, 2009

Nov 29, 2009

After we got up and had some bagels for breakfast we headed west toward Fields of Dreams Park. We found the disc golf course there and started out. The first hole was a long one and on my second shot, I put my disc right in the stream. It was somewhat deep so I had to get out the Golden Retriever.

After a few attempts and one carefully placed toss I had reeled in my mid-range disc with relative ease. I love this thing.

The course wound through the woods with some up and downhill shots. All of the holes were set up really nicely though.

The middle of the course opened up onto the large field. Some of the shots were really long, including the thousand foot hole eleven. I just kept using my driver on that one.

The later holes were woven back into the woods. Some shorter holes ended the course but they were fun short holes.

Overall, the course was really great. There was good variety and nicely designed fairways. I would like to come back very soon.

After we stopped for some Chinese food for lunch, we found a hiking/climbing trail at Allamuchy Mountain Park not too far away. The signs were enough to get me excited about the trail.

Just the regular path was rocky, steep and a lot of fun to walk but there were plenty of rocks to climb as well. Joanna took it a little farther than I did. She climbed straight up a steep and narrow section. I climbed up a few places but never made it all the way up.

She just kept going and made it to the top. It was a really difficult area to get up to.

This is a dramatization.. sort of. I did some more difficult climbing but I don't have any photos since my camera was on me the whole time. I was definitely frightened that I would be falling down a steep rock face a few times though.

From the top, we could see a great looking sunset over the lake in the distance.

It was a nice place to enjoy the view for a while until we had to find a trail and make our way back down. We left the path and followed our sense of direction to the road, where we came out of the woods not too far down the road from the car. We got out just in time before it got really dark.

We continued our drive back home, hitting some heavy traffic at times, until we made a stop in Philly to get falafel at Maoz. It tasted really good after all the climbing/running/hiking we did.

After I dropped off Joanna with all of her stuff and had some marshmallow salad something, I went to help Katie with a photo project. I took some photos of her with oranges. It will have something to do with breast implants. I'm not exactly sure.

It was another awesome, full weekend. It was very tiring but a lot of fun.

No comments: