Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nov 24, 2009

I spent my time before going to class finishing my Philosophy homework and then studying in Westby for a little bit before I had to take my Russian test. The test was easier than I expected. I think it was, anyway.. I guess I'll find out next week.

After the test, I met Joanna at the student center to get food. I got a really big cheese hoagie with veggies on it. I could only eat half of it. We hung out for a little while in the office upstairs before I decided I was late enough to my next class. I was about a half hour late but my professor didn't seem to mind much. I contributed to the discussion to try to make up for it and he let us out early anyway.

I made it down to Quizzo in time for round one. It didn't help that I was there early because we came in fourth. Fourth! We didn't even place! There were more teams than usual playing but still.. Katie made it out for the last two or three rounds as well. One day we'll win again.

Ryan came over when I got home and we had a race around my block since it's about a mile. We both improved our times quite a bit. My time was a little under seven minutes and Ryan was under eight. Then we took a walk over to the school near my house where we used to create courses and race. We made up a new one involving push-ups on this rack followed by a shuttle run and hurdling it.

The rest of the race took place around the perimeter of the school, going up and down the stairs, over a wall, up a rock wall, flipping a bar, jumping a fence, running over picnic tables, squats, sit-ups, a tree slalom and finally running back up the stairs and sending the water bottle/finish marker to the bottom. We both ran it twice since Ryan beat my original time and I improved to beat his. At the end, I am ahead of him by about fifteen seconds with 4:14:70. Next time.

After all that running fun, I came home and played some Scrabble until we were too tired to stay up anymore.

No comments: