Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sep 6, 2009

It seemed like a really nice day to get out and do something so Ryan and I decided to get into a game of tennis. We played for quite a while and I feel like we did really well this time, especially compared to the last few times we played. We had quite a few good points and it seemed pretty evenly matched.

I came home and after a while I went to Sam's for her barbecue. I played a really good game of horseshoes with Jimmy so Jeff and I challenged the older guys to a game. It was a really close game and we ended up winning it when I landed a ringer right at the end to edge out the points that they had. It was a great game.

Eating is always the best part of being at Sam's. She made this corn chowder that was amazing. I kept going back for more. The black bean burger was good but the chowder was addicting. I want more right now just thinking about it.

We spent a lot of time playing a game I had never played before called ladder ball... yeah, ladder ball. You throw the tethered balls and try to hook them onto the rungs for points. It might not sound fun but it was awesome. We played until it got too dark to see and then we played some more after that.

There was no wood for the fire so we went scavenging across the street in the lot and got a pile of branches to start us out. We got the fire going and enjoyed the warmth. From a distance.

The time came to bust out Katie's sparklers. Everyone got one but they didn't last for long. They were fun and I almost burnt myself a few times trying to light mine on the fire.

We threw these packets on the fire that change the colors of the flames. I'm not even supposed to be telling you about this because they're Canadian and not legal here.. so shhhh. Good thing nobody reads this. The results were less than spectacular. There were a few times when the flames changed color, prompting "ooh" and "ahh." But that didn't last long. Oh well. Thanks, Canada.

People started leaving and we just relaxed around the fire, drinking and talking about kid's television shows. It was pretty mellow.

The night was a lot of fun, as is always the case when we have a bonfire. It's a good season to have many more of them.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

sparklers are the freakin SHIT, MAN