Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sep 26, 2009

After I went to Rowan to try to get tickets at a box office that seems to be perpetually closed, I went to Parvins for a run. It was a nice enough day out and I stuck around for a bit after my run to take some photos that might end up working for my project.

After I got a shower, I picked up Crystal and we went to see The Informant! It was a good movie for the type of movie it was. Very dry and awkward, but I like that kind of flick.

I didn't do much after the movie until Chuck and Diebra picked me up and we went to Rowan to stand in line to get them Demetri Martin tickets. We got the tickets, went to Nick's for some food and then waited a short time in the rain before being let in to the Rec Center for the show. Demetri came out to a lot of applause talking about being from New Jersey and joking with people who came in late and/or turned out to be security.

After some of his usual type of jokes, he moved on to the Large Pad and then to the piano where he played a song listing ways to propose to your girlfriend. "Break your girlfriend's finger and get the doctor to hide the ring in cast... then when she gets it off be like 'we've been engaged for three week--surprise, bitch!'"

He ended the night with guitar and jokes. He did a few requests at the end... ladies. He was great, as always. I'm glad Rowan was able to get him to come to our school.

I came home after the show and read a few things about the hike I'm taking tomorrow and it's early bedtime.

No comments: