Monday, September 14, 2009

Sep 14, 2009

It was a beautiful day so after some breakfast I went for a run at Parvin's. It was actually somewhat hot. A big change from how it has been for the past couple weeks.

I went to the gym after my run because I didn't feel like I was done yet and also I know I need to keep up some of the strength exercises from my physical therapy so I don't mess up my knee again.

Shortly after going home and getting clean, I had to rush up to Rowan for Photography, where we wasted way too much time sitting around talking about two or three people's favorite photographs. I won't mention any names but the extremely annoying girl in my class (not pictured) took up most of the time talking about her "neat" pictures which were just a bunch of snapshots of her hanging out with her friends and family! Then, the power went out and we stayed in there talking. I was so frustrated by the end of that class I wanted to go home.

The power stayed out all over campus and I had to search in a building I had never been in through dark hallways for a classroom. I finally found it through the use of cell phone lighting.

When I got into the class, the professor was taking bets on when the power would come back on. Most of us guessed that it wouldn't but we turned out to be wrong when it came on just after 6:30 when the class officially started. We did our introductory thing around the room, talking about something interesting about each of us. The class was a lot of fun and the professor is hilarious. It really made me happy and it was great timing to make me feel better. We were about to go over our syllabus as the power went out again, leaving us in complete darkness since the sun had gone down and the windows were blocked, prompting the professor to say "Well, clearly we'll be ending class now." We stumbled out over chairs and each other. I felt bad for the kid on the crutches..

I hung out on campus for a short while before meeting Mo at Landmark for Mexican Monday. They had cheap Mexi beers and quesadillas. I got a quesadilla and it was overloaded on one side and completely bare on the other. Hard to critique besides saying that it was not balanced. I had a Modelo and a few Coronas with lime. There was a sports game going on so people would yell at various times. Sports! It was fun anyway.

It was a full day and it had its ups and downs but it ended well so that's what matters.

No comments: