Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sep 3, 2009

It was another beautiful day and I was up early so I called Ryan to head out to the river early for kayaking. After a long process of getting the truck and kayaks and picking up Ryan at our ending point, we finally set out on the river at Almond Road. The trip was nice. The cool air was a nice change. This is the same route we took the first time we came out and I suppose we didn't hit as many obstacles but it really felt like it.

I got caught up on things a lot as there are plenty of narrow passages to get through and the current would pull me the oppsosite way from where I wanted to go. We stopped at the Sherman Avenue pass this time instead of carrying on all the way to the lake. That was too much, but this was just right.

After I returned the kayaks and the truck, I took a nap that lasted until right before my only class. I rushed to get ready and get to Rowan just to get to my Russian class about two minutes late. We finished out the alphabet and worked with some association cards in groups and then class was over.

Another trip to Moe's was in order because Katie and I were both very hungry. We had to eat quickly again because the movie was going to start soon.

We went to see Inglorious Basterds at the AMC in Deptford who have student discounts only on Thursdays! Lucky us, we'll have to remember that. First, their theaters are the darkest rooms I've ever been in when the lights are out. I was just standing in the aisle for a few minutes waiting for some kind of light to appear on the screen so I could find a seat. Anyway, the movie was fantastic. Tarantino didn't disappoint. It was a great story and it was hilarious without being forced. I recommend it.

We went back to Rowan after the movie to see what was going on at Rowan After Hours but it was just a lot of lines that I didn't feel like waiting in just to get a street sign with my name on it. I came home, watched some Psych and went to bed.

No comments: