Friday, September 4, 2009

Sep 4, 2009

I had physical therapy in the morning and then, after getting some things done, I picked up Shannon and headed to Philly for lunch. We went to Manny's bar where I got a bottle of Innis and Gunn, which I haven't had since Beerfest two years ago. Good stuff but it cost more than our quesapizza so I probably won't have another for a while. The pizza was quite delicious however; plenty of vegetables and good cheese.

We had some time to kill before the show so we went to Rittenhouse and I sat in a tree and took pictures.

I worked on my panning technique. I think I'm getting pretty good. (panning is used to create the effect in the picture above where the moving subject is in focus while the background is blurred.)

This is the tree I was sitting in. It's awesome. Plenty of good seats.

We headed down to the First Unitarian Church to go into the show but it was in between sets when we got there and everyone was cooling off outside. The church across the street was pretty crazy looking with the moon behind it.

After a while the crowd started to head in so we followed them. It was crazy hot in the basement packed with people. We went down to watch Fireworks, who were awesome, and it felt so good to come outside after their set.

After walking down to Wawa for a drink, we came back for Four Year Strong. They opened the set with their intro and right into the catchy song I figured they'd open with.

They kept commenting on how insanely hot it was but continued to play fast and loud most of the songs on their cd.

I happened to catch a picture right as a strange smoke filled the air, confusing everyone. It tasted terrible and the band stopped playing to tell everyone to hurry up and get out. Of course, everyone rushed to the small basement exit and it took a while to get out.

Once everyone had filed out, we learned that someone set off a fire extinguisher and they were trying to find out who it was. The band came out and announced that they would be going back on shortly to an applauding crowd.

We went back in and they killed it on their last five songs. The crowd was even more pumped up than before. It was a great set and this is what I looked like after it. I'm pointing out the dry spot on my body.

It was a good day and I got to see a great band. Now I need a shower.

No comments: