Friday, September 18, 2009

Sep 18, 2009

I was able to sleep in until around ten because I was only working a half day at Lakeside. I had an English class and it was mostly a mixed group so there was another teacher there half of the time. After a few quick exercises we put on The Neverending Story. I forget how great that movie is and I would actually like to watch the end of it now that I've seen the beginning twice.

I went home, changed, ate my leftover falafel and then met Ryan for tennis. I did immensely better than I had the day before. I still lost overall but the games were really close and we played a lot of great points. That was a good confidence booster. I needed it.

I picked up Shannon in Glassboro and we went to Philly for the Thursday show. We had time to kill so we went to Mix, the bar/pizzeria (aka the best idea ever.) We got a South Philly Pie which featured roasted peppers, onions, tomatoes and black olives. It was so good. One Yeungling and half a pizza later I was full.

We went down the street to Drinker's for a few more beers and ended up talking to an awesome bartender. He hooked us up with some free blue shots that matched our blue bracelets for the show.

That's him, lining up about ten Jager bombs. None for me, thanks. I was drinking Magic Hat #9 all night. Good beer. We ended up each getting our last beer for free also. We spent a couple of horus there. It was a lot of fun despite the guy sitting next to me that thought he was on his couch at home, spreading out and resting his leg on me. Good times.

We got to the First Unitarian Church in time for the end of The Fall of Troy. They're pretty good but I just wanted to see Thursday. They came out to For the Workforce, Drowning followed by the next two songs on War All the Time. They played a lot of old songs and they played newer songs that I really liked as well.

The set was awesome and the show in general was just great. It's always nice to see them because they're more than just a band, they're actually there to send a message of love and standing up for what you believe in and equal rights for everyone regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation. They always make a point to talk about how much those things mean to them even outside the songs that are about it. It's good to be in a crowd of people who seem to care just as much about it. They closed with Jet Black New Year into Love has Led Us Astray. Just an amazing, quite long set.

I had a lot of fun all night. I dropped Shannon off and came home, falling asleep in the chair for a little while. Can you tell that I just woke up before this picture. No problem getting to sleep.

No comments: