Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sep 5, 2009

Katie and I left early for New York and didn't hit much traffic at all before the tunnel. We still got into the city a little after eleven.

The restaurant we were going to wasn't open until noon so we went to the park down the street and hung out watching a jazz band and people with their dogs. These guys were really good. I think they offer breakfast with their performances sometimes. The card I got was kind of vague.

We came back to Red Bamboo and waited a few more minutes until they opened the doors for us. I got some coconut curry "chicken" and vegetables. It was very good. I wanted some of the awesome sounding desserts but I was way too full.

We went a few blocks until we found a Jamba Juice. I was a little disappointed in the quality of my Pomegranate Paradise after spending the past few months wanting one. Oh well.

We took the Midtown tunnel to the BQE and headed south.

We stopped in Brighton Beach, finding cheap parking somehow, and walked around the shops and stores not looking for anything in particular.

It was kinda cool being able to read some of the Russian words on the shops now that I've learned the alphabet. We found a place that had some tasty pastries but we couldn't stay long.

I got some really good caramel ice cream before we headed out and ate it as we left. It was a nice day to walk around but we had to be at the airport.

The trip to the airport is where the traffic really began. It was really slow the whole way there and even slower once we got to JFK. We picked up Katie's parents when we finally got to them and loaded their bags up.

The drive home was nice, we didn't have to drive so we got to just sit back and gaze out the windows. I was really tired when I got home.

Chuck and Katie came over to watch The Matrix later. I needed to watch it for my Philosophy class but I fell asleep during it too much to catch it all.

After the movie I was more awake but I didn't wait long before going to bed. I'll have to watch it again later.

No comments: