Friday, September 11, 2009

Sep 11, 2009

The first thing I wanted to do when I got up was find something to eat. We didn't have any destination but I saw this place and it sounded good so I went in. I wish we had one in Jersey, this place was awesome. I got a bagel with avacado, black beans, tomato... it was so good. I was full for a long time after eating it.

We walked around the Common for a little while. The pictures are bad but mostly because the weather was bad. It was gray and dreary all day.

We walked toward downtown past all the restaurants and shops and the Prudential Center that would have provided us with a nice aerial view if the weather were nice.

I think I always remember this building for having good reflections. I didn't go to the same spot that I usually go with the angled buildings and the reflection that I really like but this refelection was nice as well.

We walked over the Harvard Bridge to Cambridge and the MIT campus. This is the Strata Center which was obviously designed by Frank Gehry. His stuff is awesome up close and in photos.

We walked around the campus along the Charles River across from the Boston skyline.

The Great Dome was under construction.. of course, because I wanted a picture of it.

This was on the sidewalk near the river and I really liked it.

It makes me think of my favorite part of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

As we walked back into Boston we stopped at a pub to have some drinks. The glasses were actually personalized to the beers we were drinking.

I only had one but we spent some time sitting in there trying to plan our next move.

We walked back to Jackie's apartment, stopping to walk through the Public Gardens where we found this sculpture. It was hard to get a shot of it because people kept stopping to sit on the ducks.

We went looking for a place to have dinner after regrouping at her place. I found a place called Rock Bottom. They brew their own beer there so I got to try some local flavor which is always good. I had some pot stickers and cheese raviolis that were really good.

For some reason I decided to get a sundae. I never get sundaes and I couldn't even really eat a lot of it. It sounded good when I ordered it..

After a little more drinking it was still early but there was nothing to do. It was raining out so we stayed in and listened to music until bedtime. I watched the first two episodes of Glee and I think that's going to be a great show.

No comments: