Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sep 17, 2009

I didn't take any jobs today, I met Ryan at the college for a game of tennis. I played horribly. I think we played three matches and I won three games out of twenty one. Just awful. It's so strange how some days can be completely different for no apparent reason.

To celebrate my poor performance we went to the Chinese buffet in Millville for lunch. Nothing like salty, fried food to make you feel better after losing eighteen games of tennis.

After getting a shower and looking over my Russian homework I went to class. I feel like I'm actually learning because I was able to answer a lot of things during class.

Chuck, Jordan and Katie picked me up at Rowan and we headed to Tower Theater for The Nightman Cometh!

They had some great posters outside for the actors/characters.

I really like this one for some reason.

The other two were nowhere to be found outside, just these three.

Green Man was all over the place though!

He was dancing around elusively but we caught him for a second.

We got in and to our seats in the balcony. It was a good view even from the top. There was a strange band that opened the show followed by the screening of a brand new episode from the new season, "The Gang Reignites the Rivalry." It was really funny and a nice treat since we were missing the season premiere.

The show started with the gang talking about the musical that Charlie wrote and played out pretty much verbatim like the episode. This was the view from our seats....

so I borrowed pictures from someone else. The play went on very similar to the episode but with extended scenes and some new songs. It played out really well on stage and was even more hilarious.

Mac did plenty of karate on stage and Dennis wore his Dayman jumpsuit.

Of course, the creator of the musical came out in the end to propose to the waitress, standing on a balcony above the stage this time. The crowd actually booed her when she said no... it was confusing. It had to be really funny since the actors who play those characters are actually married though.

The show ended with Sweet Dee rubbing it in Charlie's face that he wrote the musical to get the waitress, not for no reason.



This is how it ended. I'm not sure how long that will stay up but it was an amazing ending.

After the awesome show we went to get falafel at Maoz. We got there just before the midnight rush.. I guess. There was a creepy guy offering to buy cheesesteaks for the girls that were already inside eating. He seemed really drunk.

It was a great day and the show was not a letdown at all. I came home and watched the premeire, which wasn't bad but the one we saw was better.

No comments: