Monday, August 31, 2009

Aug 31, 2009

Katie and I went up to Rowan to get some things we needed before the first day of school and stopped at the welcoming festivities going on at the intramural field. We got some water ice that wasn't very good and then joined in an egg throwing contest.

I broke the egg somewhere around the fifth round. Don't throw fragile things to me.

We competed in this inflatable obstacle course... I'm not sure why it's western-themed.. We tied.. but I'm still recovering from an injury..

When we got back to town I met Ryan for a game of disc golf. We played a very staggered game trying to avoid different people on the course that were either in the way or moving slowly. I had a decent game but not great.

I went back to Katie's to have a seitan chicken cheese steak that was so good. Then we picked some raspberries from the garden out back and I ate one with a Hershey's Kiss. Good combo.

After a while we headed back up to the field at Rowan for the screening of the new Star Trek movie. It was a chilly night out; I was wearing a hoodie. It was cool to sit outside and watch it under the stars. I thought the movie was great too. It was my first time seeing it.

It felt like I did a lot today. It was fun stuff and I'm looking forward to going back to school.

No comments: