Saturday, August 8, 2009

Aug 8, 2009

I took a bike ride to my mom's house in the morning just to have a destination. I rode for a while after that and then came home to change into my swim suit to go to the beach. We went to the beach in Sea Isle for a little bit. Got in the water for a while to swim and got bored with it pretty quickly. The beach looks really empty but there were people out and shortly after this photo was taken the Island Run came through, where a seemingly endless line of runner came down the beach, making it hard to exit the water and get back to the car.

We went to the Bashful Banana in Ocean City to get some food and check the place out after washing some of the salt and sand off. I got this plate of Vegetable Paella. It was a really great mix and I had a bunch left over. Lots of chick peas. The Banana is good place to go.

After watching some Party Down I was pretty tired and ready for bed. I didn't go to bed though because I was invited out to the Oar House with Jen, Jess and Erin. It was pretty late already but we managed to have a few beers (and various other drinks) as well as have a few awkward encounters with people who thought they recognized me because they knew me and people who thought they recognized me because I look like a guy that works at a restaurant they sometimes go to.. oh, and I look like a singer.. Anyway, after all the Guess Who was over, last call came an hour early because it's the Oar House and they suck, so we went outside and hung out in the gazebo for a while until we finally decided to go home. Good times and then I still had to do some packing when I got home..

No comments: