Monday, August 10, 2009

Aug 10, 2009

In the morning we headed back to Northern Liberties to get breakfast at Honey's Sit N Eat. They have some vegan selections on the menu.. thanks for the tip, Sam.

The food was amazing. I didn't know breakfast could taste that good. I got a burrito with eggs and veggies. It was huge. I couldn't finish it. Katie got something similar with tofu instead of eggs that tasted great also. Definitely a place to return to. I wish I lived here.

After getting a few supplies we hit the road. We took 13 South most of the way, stopping only for drinks and bathroom and one not so great peanut butter banana smoothie. We got to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel and I finally got to experience it. It was cool, but I'd rather watch the documentary again instead of crossing it again.

After driving pretty much all day we'd finally arrived in Virginia Beach. Okay, it wasn't all day, but it seemed like a long time.

We went to our hotel and unloaded our stuff and relaxed for a little while before heading back out.

We went to Nawab, an Indian restaurant near the beach. The food was great and really spicy. The staff was exceptionally friendly too. They talked to us throughout our whole meal and not in an annoying way. It was a great experience.

We went to Kelly's Pub with the intention of doing some drinking but after one monster 25 oz Blue Moon, we were both ready to call it a day.

It was a rather uneventful day besides all the driving but it really took it out of me..

No comments: