Monday, August 3, 2009

Aug 3, 2009

I had my initial visit to physical therapy in the morning. The guy I'm working with, Chris, measured how far I could bend my leg and then did some shock therapy. They need to stimulate some of my muscles that have gotten weak. It was fairly short and somewhat enjoyable.

I met up with Ryan and got the kayaks in the truck and headed to Almond Road to drop them in the water.

This is my best American Gladiators pose. The ride down the river was a lot of fun. There was a current and a lot of the river was narrow with fallen trees and other obstacles making it difficult for us. That was the best part about it, trying to get around everything and find our way.

Once we got through all of the difficult river stuff it opened up to Union Lake. This part was not as fun... it was just the open lake and after the strenuous trip we'd already had, it wasn't enjoyable paddling as hard as we could and seemingly going nowhere. Overall the trip was a lot of fun though and I can't wait to do it again.

After I got a shower and had some dinner, I met Katie, her sister and her cousins to go bowling in Deptford. It was dollar night. Really. We only got to bowl one game but it was pretty good. I got a decent score despite my leg being a burden.

After bowling we went to Philly for falafel at Maoz. I didn't get any for once because I was still full from dinner. We sat by the fountain on Second Street and ate. There wasn't really anything else to do so we headed back home after that. It was a long, fun day.

No comments: