Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aug 27, 2009

I had the morning and early afternoon to kill so I decided to take a bike ride.. ya know, for something a little different. After dropping off some important documents, I headed down 47 South until I got to the Mauricetown bridge area and I went over it.

I decided to stop at the waterfront area by the old bridge to rest for a little while since I was about midway through the ride. I found a nice shaded spot and sat down to have some water before getting back on the bike and heading back home. The trip ended up at 23 miles.

After having some lunch, I met Dave at his house to get ready to go to the show. Once our ride finally showed up we headed to Philly on what was to be a frightening ride. I dubbed this station wagon the "PSA Car." That's as much detail as I'll go into on here... I got out as soon as we got close and found my ebay buyer to give my extra ticket to and then we hung out in the lot.

Some of the girls we came with had their amateur tattoos on and they were actually really good.

I had one drink of Gatorade and vodka while Dave clearly had the rest of bottle...

This is the group of girls that I don't know that brought us to the show. There's Sara, Kate, Megan and that's all I remember. Sorry, ladies. I try.

My main mode of transportation in the parking lot was two mini skateboards that I used like roller skates. I almost fell a few times but I amused myself for a while.

Once Jamie got there we all headed in. Unfortunately, Chester French opened this show as well but their set wasn't long. Taking Back Sunday was up next and they were pretty disappointing. They played a few songs I wanted to hear but in general I was not thrilled with their set.

Weezer came out next in all white track suits and got right into their set. This was my first time seeing them and I didn't know what to expect but I was very impressed.

Rivers was crazy and energetic; he has a real stage presence. He can't dance, but that makes it fun (thanks for the pic, Jamie!) They played most (or all) of their singles but still left room for a bunch of others, mostly from the Blue album. They played My Name is Jonas and The Good Life, my two favorite Weezer songs. Totally awesome set.

Jamie and I were watching each others' backs in the pit because of all the crazies. One really tall drunk guy was just arching his back constantly... he looked drunk and possibly possessed. Can't say for sure.

It was finally time for the main event, Blink 182! They came out to Dumpweed again and played another good mix of new and old songs. I thought they were great. Tom was drunk and talking too much as usual but this time the video screens behind the band had an animation of the Blink bunny holding a sign that said "Shut Up Tom!" It was hilarious.

One highlight from this show that we didn't get in Vegas was Travis Barker's flying drum solo. He was elevated and tilted 90 degrees and still rocking the hell out of the drums. The man is amazing. He played in the air, hovering and spinning, for about five minutes before Mark and Tom came back out to finish the show.

At the end of Dammit, the crowd was showered in confetti to mark the end of another amazing night of Blink 182.

Mark didn't want to give up the stage, however, singing "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" to the crowd as everyone shuffled out. Tom just posed next to him... and then danced around a bit before finally leaving the stage.

The show was awesome, Dave managed to not get into a fight even though he tried really hard to and I came home walking rather than limping so I can't complain! I rode home with Jamie and we listened to 104.5 play a complete hour of just Blink and Weezer. We stopped at Wawa for cold beverages and I got some tasty Mac and Cheese. What a good night it was! Two down, two to go!

No comments: