Monday, August 17, 2009

Aug 17, 2009

I went in search of a bicycle repair shop in the morning to get my flat tire taken care of. There aren't many bike shops nor are there many people in those shops that actually care to help you with a bike (or make any money I guess.) I found this place in Bridgeton called Randy's General Store. They were great. He took my bike and started on it right away.

To kill some time while he was working I went down to the zoo.

This was mostly what I saw there. Ducks, geese and chickens just wandering around the walkways and cages. Granted, it was pretty hot but I didn't really see any animals at all that I couldn't see in my own yard.

I finally stumbled upon this bear lounging in a giant Tupperware container. He looks happy.

These guys were looking for some attention, which I gave them for a little while until I got bored of them and headed to the exit. I went to the lake for a few minutes and walked around before I went back to the shop to see how it was coming. I got there just in time for them to finish it.

I decided to do a long ride on my new tired so I got prepared and headed east.

A couple of hours later I ended up in Ocean City.

I had to go to the beach, of course. I stopped and had something to eat and drink before turning around to head back.

I rode back down 49, slightly exhausted into the sunset. In the end, it was 56 miles there and back. I got back in time to take a shower before Jeff, Sam and Katie came over to go bowling.

We had a beer in the bar before putting in our names: KD, Swarley, Samn and Jeff.

Dollar games, shoes and beers is a good incentive to go bowling in Deptford.

Sam got this interesting split and she almost managed to get the spare.

Jeff and I both won one of the first two games and Katie and Sam each won a game as well so we played a third tiebreaker game. I lost to Jeff. Katie won her contest. I got a 175 the first game which is the best score I can recall getting in a long time.

It was a long day but I was surprisingly not overly tired when I got home at night. I watched some Dead Like Me before passing out.

No comments: