Saturday, August 22, 2009

Aug 22, 2009

After the crazy rain last night and in the morning, the day was pretty nice so I took a ride to Laurel Lake and back just to feel like I had done something. It was a good ride.

Kim texted me saying she needed art supplies and wanted to go to Philly so I met her at Rowan and headed to Utrecht on Broad Street.

I got some more scavenger hunt photos while she browsed the art supplies. It was nice to not need any for myself this semester even though I kind of wish I had more art classes..

After shopping we were both really hungry so we went to the Bubble House for food. I got a Kiwi Mango tea, good choice... It was Kim's first time with bubble tea so she was hesitant but once she tried mine she loved it. It's the bubbles.. I ordered the Thai Coconut rice seitan that I got last time we came. It wasn't as good this time but it was still really good. I think I built it up too much after the last time.

We went to South Street after eating and this is what happened. It wasn't raining too bad when we walked down but when we started to walk back to the car it just poured.

We spent some time in Repo Records trying to wait it out but it wasn't happening so we just huddled under my small umbrella and walked back to our parking garage. On the way home we stopped at Deptford Mall, which has no music stores anymore, and then went to Best Buy so she could get some cds. It was a fun time, we should have hung out more this summer.

After I dropped Kim off at Rowan I met Ryan at Applebee's for some late dinner. I got a veggie quesadilla burger that was really good after they originally told me they didn't have veggie burgers.

Post dinner, Ryan came back to my house and we got into some Donkey Kong Country 2 for a while and then went for a short walk around the neighborhood before calling it a night.

No comments: