Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aug 18, 2009

I had physical therapy at 8am. This is one of the high tech instruments used in my therapy to strengthen my leg. It's really basic obviously but it works. Step ups. Sort of.

I had a quick breakfast and then met Jeff and Chuck and headed to Sedgeley Woods in Philly to play disc golf. We played 18 holes and it was a good game. I had some good shots and some bad ones. Overall I ended up -12 I think. It was a good game. The last nine holes are usually too much so we decided not to do them.

We snaked our way through center city to Sarcone's Deli and picked up some hoagies. I got the Veggie with all the long hot peppers and spicy spread on it. We drove down to Lum's Pond course in Delaware and at them at the picnic tables. Mine was extremely spicy. I could only eat half because it was so huge and I still felt a little sick after. Could have been the heat.

This course is always a lot of fun. I had a few more bad shots on this course but I also had a few really good ones. I think all three of us had the mix of really nice shots followed by annoying misses.

I ended up under par but I don't remember my score. Also, I can climb trees again.

After we got home and showered we met back up at Bennigan's for some Quizzo action. Our main rivals weren't even there to face us after we beat them last week! Good thing for use because we ended up placing third. Jen, Stephen and Micah showed up towards the end of the game for a break from driving home from the shore and hung out until we left.

The day was a lot of fun, I wish we got to do more disc golf trips this summer. There's always the fall, I suppose..

No comments: