Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sep 30, 2010

I hurriedly read the paper I had to read for Hottle's class and wrote my response to it in the morning before getting to his class a little late. It turned out we weren't going to get to it today anyway so I didn't need it. Oh well. After that class I went to get food with Brian and we went to Hollybush so I could take shots of one of the statues that no one photographed. It looked like it would start raining at any moment but we made it back to Westby before that happened.

I started over on my website since my files were all gone. I used a different picture and I added a background to the computer instead of using the blank black screen. It makes more sense if it's supposed to be displaying something like it's on. I think the simple addition of the desktop background and the window displaying all of the content adds what was needed. Maybe it's good that I lost those files..

I went to GSA where we talked about upcoming events and then voted on the homecoming banner designs. I like this one. We talked about some of the terrible things that have happened over the past week involving teen suicides. It's easy to lose track of what's going on in the rest of the world when you're confined to a few places most of the time.

Heather and I went to Olive Garden after the meeting. I got the endless pasta bowl of course. Our waitress was pretty terrible. She took forever to come back to us and kept forgetting to bring things. We heard her apologizing to other tables as well for making them a mojito instead of a margarita. She was not having a good night. She was really nice, just not a good waitress. The food was good though and I had leftovers to bring home.

The rain got really bad on the way back to Rowan. We decided to go out in it once I put my phone inside so it didn't drown.

Heather got a little more into it than me. She really wanted to get soaked so she sat in puddles. It was fun to walk around barefoot around campus.

The rain was hard at times and slacked off now and then. I was hoping for a giant downpour which it didn't do for very long. I got some cool shots of the rain and reflections on the wet sidewalk. It was a lot of fun. Luckily I had dry clothes to change into after that.

Once I dried off and hung out for a while I went home and had work to do while I checked Subfinder for a job all night.

No comments: